Thursday, October 15, 2009

Burt's Bees

Now that the biting flies and mosquitoes are gone for a few months--Yippee!--it is time to put away the Preparation-H.
It is now Burt's Bees time!

I had not heard much about Burt's Bees products until we had Teresa. Our labor and delivery nurse told us about their lotion as she was giving her her first bath. Shortly after, I bought a bottle of the Baby Bee lotion and ended up using it more on my skin than my baby's! We have gone through several bottles in the past two years.

I use it many times throughout the day. I especially like it when my fingers start to crack in the winter. If my hands are dry at night, I put a thick layer of the Baby Bee lotion on them and they are better by morning. Even thought Burt's Bees makes many other lotions and creams, this is my favorite because it has a very light scent.

I bought a sample kit recently so I could try out more products without making a major investment.

It was in this kit that Nathan and I discovered the hand salve. It works wonders on the eczema on his face. He even likes the herbal smell. (I didn't think he would since we are using it right by his nose.) I like it, too, and especially like to put it on my hands right before going to sleep. I think it is very relaxing.

We like other things, too--the baby wash, lip balm, and the shampoo and conditioner. (Although the citrus smell of the Grapefruit and Sugar Beet shampoo did take some getting used to. It reminded me of a car wash at first.) I still have other samples to try yet, too, and am sure I will find more favorites.

Have you tried Burt's Bees products? What is your favorite? Email me at wifeandmomblog@gmail.com and let me know. Here's wishing you soft hands as you snuggle in for the winter!

*Burt's Bees has not compensated the writer of this blog in any way. However, if they would like to, she would be more than happy to accept.

No comments:

Post a Comment