Friday, October 23, 2009

One Track Mind

For the past few days, David has started watching ESPN while we eat our breakfast. This would be OK for someone who can multitask, but I am thinking I may have to put a stop to this habit.
On weekdays, we eat breakfast with Landen before he gets on the bus. Nathan usually gets up when we are about half done and goes to take his bath. While he is doing that, I gather up the boys' bedding to put in the washing machine.
This morning David completely missed Nathan walking through the kitchen in his towel on his way downstairs to tell me he was wearing shorts today.
After I came upstairs, I told him (sitting back down with one eye still on ESPN) that Nathan probably could have started a fire in the dining room and he wouldn't have noticed.
"No," he answered. I would have seen the light in the window."
Ahh . . . a quick wit. One of the many things I love about my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment