Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Moms' Night Out


Moms' Night Out was in theaters last summer, but it never worked for me to go.  Yes, it is true.  I couldn't even find a night out to go to a movie about moms!
I finally watched it on DVD and it was even better than I thought it would be.  It is true to life, funny, and inspirational, but not preachy.  I was laughing and also at times holding back tears at how much we moms have in common and the pressure we put on ourselves.
I was expecting to have most in common with the TV mom with which I usually identify (Patricia Heaton), but lead character Allyson (Sarah Drew) was definitely my near-mirror image in this one.  She is even a blogger . . . who sometimes struggles to have anything to say. :)
This movie is entertaining enough for men, but women will most identify with what these moms go through in their lives and their quest for just one "Moms' Night Out."
This is one I will be adding to my movie library.


No comments:

Post a Comment