Monday, October 27, 2014

A Big Day!


Today, October 27 is a big day in my family.  It was my great grandparents' wedding anniversary, my grandpa's Godmother's birthday (which I just learned), is my grandparents' wedding anniversary, my grandma's birthday, my aunt Marian's birthday and my cousin's son Jordin's birthday!  Whew!  With so much to celebrate, we had to start on Saturday!

Our family held a Family & Friends Open House on Saturday to celebrate my Grandpa and Grandma Kallas' 60th Anniversary.  Eight of their twelve children were able to be there, as well as in-laws, out-laws, grandchildren, and the like.


To add a little life to the party, my mom, aunts and uncles shared memories of growing up that we used as part of our centerpieces.  My aunt and uncle read these, and some more were added.  
My favorite story was from 1980-something when several (or all) of the 5 boys brought baby skunks into the porch.  Grandma was worried about the smell, but they assured her the skunks weren't old enough for that.  By that night, they called her where she was in town to let her know that they were "old enough."  
I don't know how my grandparents raised 12 kids, worked hard on their dairy farm, and still look so young for 82 and 88!
I love them so very much and they are an inspiration to me every day!


No comments:

Post a Comment