Monday, October 13, 2014

Adding it up

I don't feel as though I've done anything particularly blog-worthy lately.  However, maybe if I put it all together, I can still salvage it into something.  What have I been doing? Let's see....


1. Growing my hair out (slowly) for my sister's wedding.  I realize this doesn't require much effort on my part, but I thought I'd throw it in there.
2. Praying that the maid of honor dress that I LOVE and fits JUST RIGHT will still be that way after the fall and holiday feasts.
3.  Because of that, upping my walking by a little each day.  (At least it's not going to hurt anything.) :)
4. Roasting my own sunflower seeds.  (Hey, why not?)
5. Admiring the beauty of the landscape in the "golden hour" of the evening. I was only able to admire if for a few seconds, but it was still beautiful!
6. I went to my first high school cross county meet last week.  Go Wildcats!  It will be interesting to see if any of our children become cross country runners.  It's safe to say that I won't be their coach.  But, I can be a good cheerleader!
7. Organizing my grandparents' 60th Anniversary reception at the end of the month.  They are quite amazing grandparents and I am so grateful to have them in my life.
8. Digging the Garth Brooks tunes back out of the archives to gear up for our big reunion in November.  (I know Garth is looking forward to it as much as I am.)
9. Pre-ordering the newest Garth Brooks CD that comes out Nov. 10.  (Again-why not?)  It took me back to college when my friend Peggy and I drove out to the mall music store and sacrificed our meager incomes to pre-order our own Garth Brooks boxed sets.  You never know, they might have sold out!  They didn't, but you just never know . . . .
10. Thinking about trying new pumpkin recipes
11.  Getting ready for opening pheasant hunting weekend.  It's quite a turnaround how what was once one of my least favorite weekends of the year has become my favorite as our children are older and are also able to enjoy it.  (Boys hunting with dad, girls shopping with mom and playing with cousins!)
12.  Preparing the menu for our 2nd Annual Melius Birthday Bash on Sunday.  And, realizing that a menu probably isn't necessary.  As long as we pick up the inflatables, all is well. 
13. Going to our family's first orthodontist appointments.  I knew this day was coming.  No braces yet, but someday . . . .
14.  Admiring the reds, oranges, and yellows of fall.  I never tire of the changing colors.
15.  Watching the corn come out of the field, thankful for a harvest once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment