Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Bathroom humor

I am covering a couple of shifts at the school book fair this week, which is a pretty great job for a person like myself.  Browsing through books, helping students find books, and seeing students excited to buy new books are all some of my favorite things.

Each of my kids chose a book to add to their personal libraries.  Landen and Teresa stayed true to their interests--facts, history, and princesses.  Nathan found something new.  I have a suspicion that Captain Underpants will be his favorite series.  How could it not be?  Actually, I am surprised that the Captain hadn't found his way into our home already.
I have to admit, in the parts that they read aloud to me, the writing was clever.  It's easy to see how this series is still popular with kids since the first novel was published in 1997.


I'm sure I will be hearing much more from Captain Underpants as Nathan continues his reading.  Maybe it will get some of his bathroom humor out of his system.
Or maybe not. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment