Tuesday, April 1, 2014

a little something chocolate

What's happening this week in the Melius household?
Well, we have one mouse that was spotted entering the house Sunday morning, but is still unaccounted for.  I haven't noticed any evidence of its presence, so maybe it ran back out?  Yes, we will go with that theory.  
I am aware that I am basically cloth diapering at this point, but at least we're in the process of potty training.  
I am ready to start working outside, but outside doesn't quite agree with me yet!
Since I've been home quite a bit, I've been baking lots of cookies lately--Oatmeal Chocolate Chip, Cake Mix Cookies, and a yummy Betty Crocker mix.
Today I decided to try something new--Soft Chocolate Cookies.  Since I have been baking (and eating my fair share) of cookies, I decided to replace half of the fat with applesauce today.  You can use a whole cup of butter if you prefer and have greater willpower than I do! 


Soft Chocolate Cookies

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup applesauce
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
2/3 cup baking cocoa
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
Confectioner's sugar

Cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl.  Add eggs, beating well after each one.  Add vanilla.  Add the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt gradually.  Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.

Drop by teaspoonfuls on greased (ungreased if using all butter) baking sheets.  Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are firm.  Cool on wire racks and dust warm cookies with confectioner's sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment