Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Emerging

We are emerging from the bleakness of winter and we are LOVING IT!  Today was a great day for swinging, a tea party and baseball practice in the backyard.  
Rachel and I bought ourselves some yellow flowers today, too, because yellow is her favorite color.  She did not catch on to the whole potty idea, but she DID learn some colors while sitting on the froggy potty (willingly, but unproductively) for hours.  I really, really want her to be potty trained, but it's not worth the fight right now.  We'll pick it up again soon and see how it goes.  Until then, we will swing and sing songs while the sun shines.


 Baseball has been the sport of choice, with both Landen and Nathan excited about pitching, hitting and catching.  I threw the ball too hard a week ago Sunday and ended up with an injured elbow and numb fingers for a few days.  Seriously?  This mama is getting old, but my boys still beg me to be on their team every day, so I must have some skills left!  I loved softball growing up and it was the only sport I really felt like I was good at, so I'm glad my kids are excited about baseball, too.  We can't wait to PLAY BALL!

Every winter I ask myself, "Why do I live here?????"  And then spring comes and I realize it was to keep me grateful for these new beginnings that the change in weather brings.  

Every new season is the start of something new, exciting, and wonderfully different.  

1 comment: