Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Getting Crafty

The Big Three and I have joined the loom band craze.  
After two of my piano students (who are sisters) made several bracelets for them, I knew the perfect Easter gift for my students would be more loom bands.  
While I was at the craft store, I thought it might be something fun for us to try, too.  And I was right.  Once in awhile, it happens!
Another piano student happened to have her lesson on the day I brought the first loom bands home.  After her lesson, she taught me how to make a basic bracelet using two fingers as a loom.  Later, the kids and I actually found pencils to be an easier loom to work with, but the results are the same.  (I did buy a plastic loom, but we found the other methods much easier!)  Since these first ones, I have had to buy more "boyish" colors because the boys wanted in on the fun, too.


Last night, I went on YouTube and learned how to make the fishtail pattern.  


There are all sorts of other intricate patterns (and not just bracelets) on Pinterest.  YouTube has some good tutorials, too.  

Who knew little rubber bands could be so much fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment