Monday, March 31, 2014

the start of something new

We are once again forcing spring--indoors, at least--with our seedlings.  
Landen did most of the planting last Monday and we have been watching them grow from morning until night.  This year's planting included Bachelors Buttons, white marigolds, poppies, pink and green zinnias, and cucumbers.  That's right--I'm going to try a little vegetable garden again this year.  The kids are very excited about it and they DO eat garden vegetables, so we will see how it goes.  I'm not going too crazy, though.  About as big as my dining room table is all that I want to tackle right now. 

A friend told me about these cute little grass planters at Walmart, so I bought some for the kids.  Nathan's is a bit behind (due to a little over watering), but it is coming around and we won't have a bald chicken for much longer.

The wind is howling today, making me want to bake cookies and eat all of our meals out of a bowl.  We already ate our breakfast out of a bowl with Apple Cinnamon Steel Cut Oats.   That recipe is still a keeper.  It is also on my Pinterest Recipes board if you want to pin it for yourself!

Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

  1. These are cute. My daughter Taylor is starting seeds in cleaned out egg shells - very environmental friendly ;-)

    ReplyDelete