Tuesday, March 4, 2014

All the People Said Amen

I've been a Matt Maher fan for a few years now--ever since I heard Christ is Risen on the radio.



For some reason, I don't really remember why, I decided to give his latest CD, All the People Said Amen, to my sister for Christmas.  As it turned out, Amazon has this great feature that gave me the mp3 version free with my purchase.



I started listening to my bonus album and was immediately in love with these songs.  Then a funny thing happened as I was driving one day.  I heard "Here I Am, Lord" on the song list and thought, "Wow.  This seems suspiciously Catholic."  After that, I heard "Adoration" and knew something was definitely up.  It turns out Matt Maher IS a Catholic artist and also performed for Adoration at World Youth Day in Rio last summer.  (His "Lord, I Need You" is another favorite of mine.  There is an awesome video of that on YouTube, too.)







Unfortunately, he performed in Sioux Falls in February, but I was unable to go, due to the fact that my life is 4 hours away from there.  Maybe some day I will catch him again.

I think this song is a great, upbeat way to enter into Lent tomorrow.



We're all the same, in need of mercy, to be forgiven and be free.

It's all you got to lean on, but thank God it's all you need.


AMEN!


No comments:

Post a Comment