Thursday, March 27, 2014

Mouse House

It appears we have mice again.  Ugh.

Landen said he saw one a few weeks ago, so we set a trap.  We hadn't caught anything, so I had forgotten about it.  Well, on Tuesday, I spotted some mouse droppings and a torn up Reese's wrapper beside the garbage.  Not good news.

A few minutes later as I was playing with Rachel in the living room, a mouse ran along the wall behind the TV.  I ran downstairs to get the mouse trap, but as I was coming back up the stairs, the mouse was trying to come back down!  It reversed its course and hid behind a pillow.  I trapped him on both sides and caught him in the live trap just a few minutes later.  The boys got to feed him to the dog when they got home.  Nathan thought he was cute and decided to name him Steve.

I know that mice like to travel with friends and family, but I was REALLY hoping Steve was a little loner.  Not so.

Last night, a mouse ran across our dining room floor and under our dishwasher while we were eating supper!  We put the live trap beside it and by this morning had caught that one, too.

That relief only lasted--literally--seconds as Teresa popped into our bedroom and said they had just seen a mouse downstairs!

That one is still on the loose.

More traps are on the list for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment