Saturday, March 8, 2014

Dry Onion Soup Mix

Even with the frigid temperatures this winter, I have weathered it much better than last.  I really don't feel "slumpy" at all!  I don't know why, but I'm just going to go with it.  David thinks it may be because of our new kitchen (I promise pictures when the trim is up!), and that very well could have a lot to do with it.  

Whatever it is, mama is happy and everyone is happy because of that!

Because I really like being in my kitchen now, I've been looking for and trying new recipes lately.  I mixed this up the other day as an experiment and it was a success.  I accidentally bought sodium-free beef bouillon, so it became even healthier.  I do have to warn you--a box that size in the picture was only about half enough.  I used some other bouillon I had on hand to finish out the recipe.  

Onion Soup Mix

3/4 cup dried minced or chopped onion
1/3 cup beef bouillon granules
1/4 cup onion powder
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon celery salt

Mix and store in a cool dry place for up to a year.

5 Tablespoons equals a pack of store-bought mix

My favorite hamburger recipe is 1 lb. hamburger, 2 1/2 T dry onion soup mix (or 1/2 packet) and a little water.  Mix, form into 4 hamburgers and grill for about 6 minutes on each side.  
Mmmm. . . .I'm looking forward to grilling season!


No comments:

Post a Comment