Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Only 7 More Sleeps!

A Sampling of Landen & Nathan's Back to School List
folders
pencils
markers
crayons
backpacks
shoes (2 pair per boy)

Teresa's Preschool (at home with Mom) List
new watercolor paints
princess shoes

Mom's Back to School List:
Keurig K-Cups
new Nikes
2 bottles of wine (not to be consumed completely on the FIRST day of school)

Everyone is ready for the start of school.  I was a bit crazy today and took all 4 kiddos school shopping.  Thankfully we waited so long that if most of the things we needed weren't on a Back to School sale, they were already on clearance.  Still, I know a few things went into the cart that weren't the best bargain in the store.  Mom can only pay attention to so many things at once!
This is always the time of year that I wonder what is so "free" about this "free, public education" our government promises. :o)  It is also the only time of year I ever consider how expensive having kids really can be.  It's the shoes that always get me.  Our school has a wooden gym floor, so they all need separate gym shoes.  We will be buying one or two more pair before the year is done because of wear on the playground or from simply outgrowing them.  I wish NSU would have offered some classes on how to become a cobbler.  I could have saved SO much money!!  I had to get a new pair, too, since the start of school means I am back on my walking routine.  No matter how hard I try, it is just too difficult and frustrating to try to walk for 30 minutes regularly while all of the kids are at home.
Are you ready to lace up your shoes and start another school year?
Ready or not, here we go . . . in just 7 more sleeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment