Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Handprint & Zucchini

Finger smudges are a dime a dozen around here.  I have some on my living room windows that have been there since . . . well, for an embarrassingly long amount of time.  But, a hand print.  Those don't just show up every day!  It's like finding a rare dinosaur fossil.  This one was found after my "T"-Rex was done playing with her "gooey stuff," so I had to document it.

What else is new around here?   Against my better judgment, I bought a pack of zucchini seeds for our garden today.  If you live near me, this is your warning to lock your house and car doors come July/August unless you want to find free squash upon your return!  I will be sure to share plenty with my dad, who always erred on the side of planting too many zucchini plants in his garden.  I am 33 and can finally face planting it in my own garden.  That should tell you a little bit about how those plants produced!  To this day I absolutely refuse to pay any amount of money for a zucchini.  It's like paying to breathe the air. 
We also bought green beans (a must), carrots, lettuce, and a pack of flower seeds.  We have some zinnias already started.  Now we just need our garden tiller (David) to show up and some consistently warm weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment