Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Antiquing

I have had an appreciation for antiques for quite awhile, but I do not get to go antique shopping very often.  Not surprisingly, my shopping excursions usually involve a speed walk through Target or WalMart and not much more. 
So, when my friend Roxanne asked if I wanted to join her antique shopping, I couldn't wait to go! 
We went to Bristol, South Dakota, a very small town which is also the home of the biggest antique store I have ever been in!  Their school closed several years ago and now it is filled with antiques and furniture old and new.  We spent hours in there and walked through the main part at least three times--at least one of us finding something new each time.
 I picked up these glass pop bottles and wooden cheese crate for a summer display.
 This wash stand was my big purchase of the day.  Someday I may add a pitcher and bowl to it, but not until my children are a bit older!  I did find the crock bowl, and that will work for now.  I plan to paint the frame of the blue mirror and will probably hang it on the wall to the left of the stand. 
It was on my last time through that a tag that said "Eureka SD" caught my eye.  It was on this advertising tray!  NWGF Insurance Co. has been a part of my hometown since 1898 and always a part of my family since my mom has worked there since 1976.  What was that tray doing in Bristol?  It needed to come home with me.
I can't wait until my next antiquing excursion.  I already have more items on my wish list!


No comments:

Post a Comment