Monday, August 1, 2011

Perspective

If I could sum up the summer in one word, it would be this--perspective. 
God has given me an abundance of opportunities to gain it these past few months.  He has placed wonderful faith-filled people in my life and opportunities to share with them.  Members of our families have gone through uncertain times, as have we.  Our lives have not always gone as planned (surprise!).  Although not all of these perspective builders they have been pleasant, I am grateful for each of them.
If you remember, I started this summer at a very fearful point in my life.  On one of those days, I opened my Bible to the Matthew (my favorite Gospel) and found my bookmark. 
There was one of my favorite verses in 8:26:  "He said to them, "Why are you terrified, O you of little faith?"  Then he got up, rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was great calm. 
I LOVE that.  It reminds me that I am human.  Limited.  But He is not.  He will calm these storms when they arise.  Until then, we will be made stronger in our faith.
I am not qualified to preach, nor have I been given the gift to evangelize through speaking.
But, I have to give Him credit for all of the blessings has has brought us through these past few months.  It is still not always easy, but I know these storms aren't under my control.
They never were. 
That is OK with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment