Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Big Cup of Coffee

It's another big cup of coffee kind of day.  The rains have settled in and they aren't going anywhere for awhile.
The coziness I am feeling right now is only because I know I get to escape with my family later today.  Rainy days in summer are a rare treat and a window of opportunity for family time.
I have been on this farm for the great majority of the time since we returned from Minneapolis.  Two of those days were taken up with nursing those with various bouts of the stomach flu.  (Yes--my favorite!  Thankfully, it was mild and fast moving.) 
To be fair, David has been working from dawn until past dark for most of those days, too. 
I love being at home, but enough . . . is . . . enough!  If I didn't know better, I would think someone slapped a house arrest ankle bracelet on me while I was sleeping last Monday night.
The days are all starting to blur together.  I swear I just fed all of these people, but they insist that was yesterday.  How sad is it that I am actually looking forward to pushing my overloaded, squeaky cart through Wal-Mart? 
Oh, sweet, sweet freedom.  I will be seeing you soon!
But, first I need to finish my coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment