Friday, June 24, 2011

So Cheesy

Today finds me making homemade macaroni and cheese for supper.  It is in the oven right now and I CANNOT wait! 
(I posted the recipe on 8/30/10, but omitted the 1 cup of sour cream in the list of ingredients.  Sorry about that!)
Nathan offered to help and did my least favorite job--the constant stirring of the cheese sauce to make sure it doesn't burn.  I couldn't have done it without him as I was not as prepared with my ingredients as I had thought.  Speaking of stirring, I saw a robotic stirring device on an info-mercial last weekend.  I was going to order one, but a good Nathan works just as well!
Landen came to the counter toward the end and looked at one of the three cheeses that go into the recipe.
"Is this Lindberger?" he asked.
"No," I replied, "Velveeta."

Talk about going from a 5-star restaurant to 1 in a hurry.

No matter.
I love my Velveeta.
And my carbs.
Only 14 minutes left.

No comments:

Post a Comment