Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Keeping Clean

I like to think I keep a fairly clean house.  Some days there are more toys scattered throughout the house than others and I may go weeks between dustings, but I can't go too long in between cleanings. 
There is one room I pretty much ignore, though--our utility room.  This is also our "mud room," a term I had not heard of until I started dating a farmer.  It's where the dirty clothes come in to get dumped and dirty hands come to get washed.  Keeping this room immaculate became a losing battle long ago, so I turned my attention elsewhere.  (No--not to my oven--I don't clean that either.)
One just never knows when inspiration will strike.
Today as I was bringing in the week's load of groceries (the other side of the room holds our pantry and freezers), I decided the laundry area was dirty and depressing. 
It hadn't bothered me before, but suddenly I just couldn't take it ANYMORE!
 After starting a load of laundry and having some lunch, I got to work cleaning, dusting, and organizing the space.
Yes, there's still laundry in the baskets, but let's be realistic.  There will always be laundry in the baskets!  I even gave myself a little tip jar.  I've made 2 cents so far!

1 comment: