Monday, October 18, 2010

Tunes

The office moving continues. I have 99% of my stuff upstairs (David helped with the desk) and have been busy organizing. David's stuff will be downstairs until after harvest, but that is fine with me. Landen is the one who is getting impatient! He can't wait to move into HIS new "office"!
He found a CD/tape player that I had been storing downstairs. We don't have the cord anymore and I didn't have enough C batteries. I finally bought some today. Landen just couldn't wait to get his favorite CD playing on his own player. His grandma even gave him an old microphone to use yesterday, too.
Unfortunately, we found soon after the battery installation that the CD feature does not work anymore. He did not take this well. What followed was a wail as loud and incessant as the mating call of a moose. It was the most obnoxious sound--and I hear A LOT of obnoxious sounds in a day.
I had to put the player away until he cooled off. Then I suggested a tape. He had no idea there was such a thing as a tape that played music. I came downstairs and grabbed the first one off the top of the pile--The Beach Boys. It took him a minute to warm up to the idea, but after a few songs he decided it was OK. Now we are rocking away to "I Get Around."
He did have one question about how to find a song. I told him you have to push forward or rewind and you have to guess how long. "You have to GUESS?" he asked. He was horrified that finding a song could be so inconvenient!
Judging by how fast the turn around has been for "I Get Around" in the time I have been typing, I'd say he has it pretty much figured out!

No comments:

Post a Comment