Saturday, October 2, 2010

Oh, to Be a Goldfish

One would think that today would have been an easy day. I'm sure my husband thinks so. He has had at least one of our children with him all day, leaving only one or two for me at a time. It sounds wonderful! Too bad it hasn't been.
It just so happens, the child or children who have been with me at any given time today have been especially high maintenance. If they aren't fighting with each other, they have been challenging me. It's not even 7:30pm and I'm wiped out.
I sent Nathan & Teresa downstairs awhile ago after a pillow and temper-tantrum throwing incident turned me into Ugly Mom.
I sat down in my chair with a book to give me some perspective and the Food Network to soothe me. Then the funniest commercial came on TV. I had never seen it before. It is for a brand of frozen food--Farmfresh?--I don't remember exactly, but the commercial goes like this:
"When my kids were babies, they were so cute I could have just eaten them up.
Some days, I wish I had."
Sometimes God gives me a laugh when I need it most.
Here's to early bedtimes and a better day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment