Friday, September 3, 2010

Moving Coincidence

Exactly 7 years ago on 9/3/03, our first baby came home from the hospital and moved into our baby room. Today, on 9/3/10, our last baby is moving out of the baby room! Teresa's bed isn't quite finished, but she is SO excited to sleep in her purple room that she will sleep on a mattress in there tonight.
Children. I've said it before and I will say it a million more times--they are always changing and growing.
Except for a mini mid-mom crisis a few weeks ago, I have been fine with this latest transition. As my mom recently reminded me, "There is a time for everything."
Yes, it was wonderful having babies, and miss that precious first year with each of them (except for the pregnancy nausea, labor/delivery experience, monstrous Wal-Mart purchases, and mandatory sleep deprivation).
As they grow, though, it is also wonderful seeing a glimpse the little people God created them to be and what they will become. (I do plan to have a talk with Him some day about a few things he added that seem quite unnecessary in my opinion.) :o)
So, here's to my "big" kids in their big kid rooms. May you always have sweet dreams.
Daddy is especially excited to have you all moved out. He has been planning his main floor office for the last 7 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment