Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Summer Clover & Stuart Little

Our transition to move Teresa to her big girl room is off to a great start!
We bought the paint last week--Summer Clover--a shade just pink and just purple enough to satisfy my all-girl two year old. I didn't have a plan to paint; I just wanted to have the paint at home for when the mood and opportunity struck.
When my mother-in-law offered to watch Teresa today and my friend Roxanne was free to help paint (she loves to paint just like I do), I couldn't pass it up! The room took hardly any time at all and I already have Teresa's kitchen and dolls moved back in. (I promise I will post a photo when it is all completed.) I am in the process of painting her dresser and bed. At this rate, she may be ready to move downstairs by the end of the week.
After we finished the bedroom, I decided to re-paint a couple small walls at the bottom of our basement stairs. The first wall went just fine. On the second wall, I had to remove the light switch cover (no problem) and the large air vent grate. That was going very smoothly until I popped it off the wall and discovered a very interesting surprise inside--a decapitated mouse! I'm not terrified of mice, but I still wasn't very excited about this find. If I was going to get it out of there, I needed to put myself in the right state of mind. I kept repeating "Stuart Little" to myself to remind myself of the cute mouse with Michael J. Fox's voice (and one very unlike this little gray dirty thing that had met such an unfortunate fate.) I found an old painting trowel and scooped it into my garbage bag as quickly as I could. Ick!!!!!!!!
When David and my two youngest came home, I was still painting--this time touching up the green paint in our "baseball field" toy room. Changing the decor in that room has crossed my mind, but after seeing all of the nicks all over wall, I decided to keep it the same until toys are not flying quite as frequently. It does look much better now.
I love a good day of painting. The walls look fresher and the smell of paint even smells clean. I just hope there aren't any more surprises hiding in the walls!

No comments:

Post a Comment