Friday, July 30, 2010

Harvest Photos

I am always admiring others' photography and trying to replicate it with my own humble camera. Thanks to picnik.com, a photo editing site, I can usually get my prints to my liking and avoid spending a small fortune for someone else to take them!
I had been waiting for the perfect day to take some outdoor photos of my kiddos. Wednesday afternoon was that day. It was sunny, calm, not too hot, and they were all in a reasonably cooperative mood.


The wheat field has always been my canvas of choice--it is just so beautiful! Watching it wave in the wind is so soothing. I just love riding in the combine when David is harvesting wheat--if I can get a turn in amongst our children!

I cropped this one of Nathan as he was throwing wheat into the air.

And . . . my personal favorite, which was suprisingly difficult to shoot. I had never tried to get my children to hold hands and walk away from me at roughly the same speed. Now I know why! It didn't take too long, however, and they cooperated. This is on the road right by our farm. I LOVE how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment