Tuesday, July 13, 2010

For the Kids?

I made a batch of these yummy bars to take on our swimming weekend. Yesterday I asked my boys if they liked the bars I had made. They said they didn't know what bars I was talking about!
They disappeared quickly, but I think grandma, mom, & aunts must have been the culprits. :o) So, if you want to keep these for yourself, keep them on the counter and away from your kids' eye level!

Oaty Cereal Bars

1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 1/2 cups toasted oat cereal (Cheerios)

In a saucepan, stir together white sugar and honey until boiling. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until blended. Stir in cereal and coat with mixture. Use more cereal if desired. Press into 9x13 pan.

2 comments:

  1. Those sound yummy and easy to make. Thanks for sharing! I will definitely try these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm...I for sure ate my far share!! This aunt loved them!! Thanks! Angela

    ReplyDelete