Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Surprise Monkey Bread

One of my strange habits is that if I am eating alone, I MUST have something to read at the same time. Anything will do--even the "Green Sheet" (our local agricultural supplement)--will do in a pinch.
Recently when I've found myself in this situation, I've started going through my stash of "Simple & Delicious" magazines. I love the magazine, but I know I'll never make anything out of the issues if I don't cut out my favorites and move them to my recipe box.
This is one recipe I found yesterday. We had a coffee guest this morning, so it was the perfect day to try it. They turned out very yummy, but can anything with caramel and cream cheese be bad? I haven't tried it if there is!

Surprise Monkey Bread
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, cubed
2 tubes Grands biscuits
1/2 cup sugar
1 T cinnamon
1 (8 oz.) pkg cream cheese
1 1/2 cups walnuts (I didn't use.)

Heat the brown sugar and butter until melted and set aside. Combine the white sugar & cinnamon in a small bowl. Flatten each biscuit a bit and sprinkle 1/2 tsp of the sugar & cinnamon mixture in the center. Top with a cream cheese cube and fold over. Pinch the edges to seal tightly. If using walnuts, sprinkle 1/2 cup in the bottom of a greased bundt pan. Layer with 1 tube of filled biscuits, half of the brown sugar/butter mixture, and 1/2 cup walnuts. Repeat the layers.
Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Invert immediately onto a serving platter. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete