Monday, March 15, 2010

The Waters are Rising

I predicted this a month ago when we were struggling to find a blizzard-free weekend to get together with friends. Once the blizzards stopped, I said, the floods would come. And, so, here we are. Currently, there is one muddy, 4-wheel drive-suitable path left off of our island. Usually we have four possible ways out.
David asked if we had enough food to last two weeks if need be. I suppose we do, but I don't even want to think about that! We are still able to get to our neighbors who live on a hill 1/4 mile away from us. Maybe we can pool our food supply if either of us starts to run low.
Just so my friends in Fargo don't think I'm a whiny baby, I am very thankful that our house is not flooded and probably will not be. This is the advantage of David's great grandpa building his house on a hill sixty years ago. Thanks for that, Grandpa Fred!

No comments:

Post a Comment