Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Prayers for the Neuharths

As I checked my Facebook feed Monday morning, the very first item told me something was very, very wrong. A text to my friend Tina confirmed something even worse than I had imagined in the few minutes before her response.
Her parents and grandma were in a car accident Sunday afternoon. Her dad and grandma had passed away, as well as the driver of the other car, and her mom had been taken to Minneapolis in critical condition.
I spent lots of time with their family growing up. The thing about our group of friends is that we all come from close families and none of us ever went through a phase where we hated or avoided our parents. Our parents and many of our grandparents, too, have all been interwoven in our story as friends. To lose a dad, grandma, and have a mom from our group so seriously injured is, well, unimaginable, and beyond painful for all of us. My heart is broken for my friends and how this wonderful, close family has been turned upside down.

A Go Fund Me page has been set up to help the family with expenses. You may visit it at
Neuharth Family GoFundMe Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment