Thursday, October 8, 2015

A week in review . . . .

This past week, we had a BIG birthday--Dad is 38!


Rachel has a new subject to draw. Her drawings have all been pretty similar to this--two people (this one is Mom and Rachel) looking at each other.  I love their expressions and detail--she is even including knees now. :)

This was the scene on our way to Landen's football games on Monday night. I have been seeing the sun's rays at all times of the day this past week. I'm sure there is a scientific explanation, but with so much uncertainty, pain, and illness affecting several friends and family in these past days, I like to think of them as a hug from heaven.


I was also turned loose in the combine for the first time this past week! After riding and learning for a day, I was given the wheel. My third day was the most difficult, with the sickle (what cuts the soybeans) getting plugged a couple of times, but my father in law was there to kindly get me back to the field. Soybean harvest is now complete. I will see if I am hired back on next year. :)


Here Rachel is waving to her G-Ma. She was as trooper, too, riding in the tractor with grandma and combine with Dad and never complaining at all! She did require some movie time yesterday morning because harvest is just hard work!




No comments:

Post a Comment