Friday, October 16, 2015

Corn Harvest

It occurred to me last night that harvest each year is much like when we brought each of our babies home as newborns (also all in the fall/winter). Meals are at strange times and our family schedule is completely different. The only difference, I suppose, is that we all get to sleep all night through. 
It is a special time of year, and not just because this is when we get paid for our spring and summer's work.
It's a time when we work together as a family, and it is a reminder of what is important in life.

I've gone to four funerals this past week.
When it comes down to the difficult times in life, our greatest blessings on this earth are our friends and family. And, even harder than going through hard times myself, is seeing those I love have to travel through theirs.
But, I've seen so much grace, so much hope, so much faith and love that I know God is in control of all, even if I can't figure it out.
(Really, I can't even do college level algebra, so what makes me think I could figure out God's plan??)

Harvest blessings.






And naps always help, too . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment