Friday, May 8, 2015

Farm Girl Friday

Now that our boys are old enough to help outside, my outside farm girl life is pretty limited.
Today, however, I was trained in the art of filling water tanks for the sprayer.
It's harder than it sounds.
There are all sorts of valves and motors involved.  I am proud to say, however, that I can be taught and only sprayed myself with water once! (Darn open valve.  Rookie mistake.)



While we waited for Dad to come back to the trailer to fill the sprayer, Rachel and I walked over to the kids' "broken yellow bus" fort in the trees.  The back of it has been used as one of our calf shelters for years, and the kids have inherited what is left of the front.  No wheels, but a steering wheel and driver's seat is a pretty sweet deal.


After all that water work this morning, I came home and fixed the clothes dryer.  
Just because I was feeling that awesome today.  
And I was tired of hanging clothes on every possible hanger and hook in the house to dry.  
And we were running out of underwear.

Necessity is a great motivator.

No comments:

Post a Comment