Monday, May 4, 2015

Amazing Thousand Island

Last week, I made something and amazed myself.
Then David came home for dinner and he was amazed, too!
"Look what I made," I said, "my own Thousand Island dressing."
I could tell he didn't believe me at first.
Then he saw it and it looked like Thousand Island dressing.
But here's the kicker--it even TASTED like Thousand Island dressing!
BAM--AMAZED!

In the dressing world, Thousand Island has always been my favorite.  Yes, we are raising the Ranch generation, and Ranch is great on a lot of things, but Thousand Island has the Big Mac, and even though I haven't allowed myself to eat a Big Mac in over ten years, I have fond memories.  I know dressing didn't always come in bottles, but it has always come in bottles in my lifetime. And I was perfectly fine with that until . . . 

I found myself with a fresh bag of salad and no dressing.

My aunt had given me a healthy recipes cookbook for Christmas and I had noticed in the back that there were recipes for different sauces and dressings.  Sure enough, there was a recipe for Thousand Island and I had all of the necessary ingredients!  I did change it up a bit, as that recipe called for a boiled egg.  I also added the pickle relish because it needed to have pickle relish!  I had my doubts, but then I mixed it up and it looked just like the bottled thing.

TA-DA!


Laura's {Amazing} Thousand Island Dressing

1 cup mayo (light is fine)
1/4 cup bottled chili sauce
1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp. sweet pickle relish
1-2 tsp. sugar (or to taste)

Mix together well.  Makes about 1 1/2 cups of dressing.

Prepare to be AMAZED. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment