Sunday, January 11, 2015

Words

Did you know I love words?

Not so much spoken.  Too many spoken words tend to overwhelm me.  But, maybe that is just because I usually have more than one mouth speaking words to me at the same time.  :)

Written words are my favorite; I can savor them, revisit them, and remember them.

I'm feeling particularly reflective on this Sunday evening, so it's a good time to share some of my favorite words I've read these past few weeks.

First, from a Christmas card from a friend:

"Laura--Wow!  Did you ever imagine all the joys and blessings life would bring us?  We have much to be thankful for."

Amen, friend.  Amen.

Second, from my uncle's Christmas letter:

"The other events of the year were less grand in time and travel but make day to day life on this earth amazing."

I know he will be so thrilled to know he made my top three favorites.  Isn't that just a great sentence? And they say I'm the writer in the family. :)

And, finally, from the 2nd reading today (1 John 5:4):

"And the victory that conquers the world is our faith."

I am going to make that my verse for 2015.

Here's to reading many more poetic and wonderful words in the year ahead!





No comments:

Post a Comment