Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy New Year!

Happy, healthy New Year, everyone!  
Today it is back to real life after a most amazing Christmas break.  From Christmas at the Capitol to Christmas with our families to skiing at Terry Peak with our friends last week--it was all an absolute blessing.

Our first day in the Black Hills with our friends and their families was COLD, so the kids (and David) built a tunnel, played cards, and we all went to a movie in the afternoon.

The next day, we were ready to hit the slopes at Terry Peak.  Rachel even took a lesson by herself.  I was so proud of her!  I am sure by next time she will be passing me up just like her sister.  She was also proud of herself, having a "lesson" and her "teacher" who taught her how to "make pizza" with her skis.


Teresa was old enough to take a group lesson and in no time was skiing with her Dad like crazy.  I have no photos of the boys.  They were on the other side of the mountain before I got out there!


Teresa and David allowed me to ride the chair lift with them.  They waited for me more than once on the way down, which was very nice of them. :)


Dad & Teresa after Day 2 of skiing

Even though skiing really isn't my thing (even though I wish it was), it was so fun to watch our kids take off with it and I wouldn't have changed anything about our week.  
We had great friends, great weather, great food, and a GREAT time all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment