Wednesday, November 12, 2014

This is 36.

My mom, dad and sister surprised me with a very special birthday cake when I was home this past weekend.  It was made by my friend Jeanne's mom, who was my "other mom" growing up.  Pam still makes the best cakes!

Here I am in front of our go-to photo backdrop, scene of our first day of school photos growing up. :)


36 has been good to me so far!  Rachel was upset that we are celebrating yet another birthday that isn't hers, but she's come around to the idea now.  
The big 3 gave me a wonderful present in that they all woke up and got dressed early this morning.  It was so that they could play on the snow hill before the bus came, but I'll take it as a birthday present. 
My mom called me this morning and my in-laws came over for coffee and angel food cake, which is a Melius family tradition.
I am so very blessed.
No gray hair yet, even though my children have tried their very best.
Maybe this year . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment