Saturday, November 22, 2014

Melius' Most-Read: Freckleface Strawberry

Perhaps you have noticed this, but there's really not much planning behind my posts.  
Did you know some people schedule when to blog?  Or schedule what they will write about?  I actually find this very commendable, but it's not how I roll.  I just can't schedule creativity.  
I approach this little blog of mine the same way I approach my life.  I do things when they need to be done or when I want to do them, but (nearly) always in a timely manner.  
For example, I do not have a specific laundry day.  First, because I don't like big piles of laundry once a week.  And second, because being a rural wife and mom requires flexibility.  What happens when Laundry Day is taken up with Laura Needs to Run Errands Day?  Meal planning is the same way.  There is no way I can sit down and plan to have tacos next week Tuesday.  I just can't do it.  
If you live in this house, I can guarantee you will have clean clothes every morning and something to eat at every meal.  However, I cannot tell you what clothes they will be or what meat you may eat.

So. . . with all THAT being said, I have decided to incorporate just a bit of structure and include a regular feature.  Just one because I have to ease into stuff like this.  

The new feature will be . . . . Melius' Most-Read!

One of my very favorite things to do with my children is to sit down at night with a big stack of books on top of us and see how far we can get before bedtime.  Every week I will share one of our favorite books from the pile.  From the number of books we have, this feature should take us through the year 2034.
And, just like the load of dark clothes, it could occur on ANY day of the week.  Think of it as a happy little surprise from me.  :)

We will begin with Freckleface Strawberry by Julianne Moore.  This is a favorite of my own little freckleface strawberry girl, who often climbs up to the mirror and declares, "freckles!"

In this book, the title character learns to love her appearance and finds out that her friends love her no matter what.
As the saying goes, "A girl without freckles is like a night without stars."

There are more books in the series as well as a musical!  I have a feeling our Freckleface Strawberry experience has only begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment