Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Cranberries

It's not too late to make your own cranberries for Thanksgiving dinner!
I first posted this recipe in November 2009, and it remains one of my favorites.  Not everyone likes cranberries (I'm definitely in the minority in my family), but I find them necessary for the perfect Thanksgiving feast.  Kids think it's fun to make this, too, as the cranberries pop as they start to boil.
Canned cranberries are great, but this really "specials" them up!

(If you are short on brown sugar, as I usually am, just add a teaspoon or so of molasses to make your own.)

Washed Cranberry Salad
1 bag fresh cranberries, rinsed and any stems removed
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cups orange juice
3/4 cups water
(OR you may use all water for the liquid)

Combine all in a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil for 10 minutes. Take any foam off the top and store the cranberry sauce in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment