Monday, November 17, 2014

Garth Weekend

Wow!  Do you realize how many things God has to put together just right for two couples to spend a weekend in the Cities in mid-November?  Well, it all came together and we had a fabulous weekend with David's sister Angela and Jason.  The ultimate reason for our visit was the Garth Brooks concert Saturday night.

David says, "It has come to this."  Unfortunately, the radio station did not allow me to take the cardboard Garth face home with me. :)





No, we weren't front row--far from it.  But, it was so awesome no matter where we were.  Just to be in the same venue with Garth is an amazing experience.  It was actually my third time seeing him, the two previous times being in 1997/98, and he hasn't lost a thing in his voice or entertaining.  Thanks to Angela for singing and dancing through the 2+ hours with me!  I am proud to say I can still sing every song word for word!  
Garth Brooks' music was a huge part of my life from Junior High to college.  As I've said before, once my boys discovered my cassette tape collection, they became fans, too.  
I just received his new CD in the mail last week and I'm loving that.  "Mom" is my favorite song on this new album.  Check it out--but grab a tissue first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment