Friday, July 18, 2014

Summer Reading Party

Today was our local library's Summer Reading Program Party.  
It was held at one of our favorite places in Faulkton--the Happy Times Carousel!  Even though she is not old enough to be in the reading program, Rachel could not wait until 10:30am so she could "ride a horse!"  
There are so many benefits to being the baby of the family.  
(Of course, I wouldn't know, but I observe.)
The party was made complete with prizes--Teresa's 4th place finish in the coloring contest and Landen's 5th place in number of books read in his age group--and snow cones with literally every flavor of the rainbow to choose from.
As our kids have gotten older and more responsible with things like library books, I have really come to appreciate the library.  My big 3 love to visit during their off-time from swimming lessons, or anytime for that matter.  I've never been one to keep my children--or anyone--from a book or two! And the thing is, my boys will walk in the library, open a book, and read!  
I don't know why, but they do.  And it is awesome. 
There are so few places to take multiple children that don't cost a fortune AND are beneficial.  Our library also has great children's programs in the summer to supplement the reading program and Story Hour for preschoolers during the school year.
To learn more about our local library, visit here:




No comments:

Post a Comment