Thursday, July 10, 2014

Holy Heroes

Last spring, I came across a special promotion from Holy Heroes and their Glory Stories series.  
I decided to give one a try, since we have a half-hour drive to Religious Ed every Wednesday night, and really, everywhere we drive is at least 20 minutes.  I figured we might as well use our drive time for something worthwhile, besides the usual things kids like to do on car rides (like drive mom CRAZY).  And, if the kids didn't like it, I wasn't out all that much.  
As it turned out, they all loved the introductory CD on Blessed Imelda and St. Juan Diego (Our Lady of Guadelupe)!  Following that, I ordered the CD on Saint Pope John Paul II and just recently received this one on St. Anthony of Padua and St. Joan of Arc. Nathan told me yesterday he wants me to get them all!
Each story is a reader's theater of that saint's life.  I also love that world history is brought in, telling about what wars, etc. were happening at the time. It also helps the kids place in the saint in history. For example, in following John Paul II, Nathan could connect how John Paul II compared in age with his great grandparents and that he died the same year Nathan was born.
We're halfway through swimming lessons now (20 minutes away) and Glory Stories have helped me out once again.  If there's any qualms about getting in the van now, I just mention that they can listen to a Glory Story and everyone jumps in!  Really.  It's true! Praise God--I never would have guessed they would love these this much.

Visit www.holyheroes.com for Glory Stories and more Catholic educational materials.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment