Sunday, July 27, 2014

Friends, Saints, and Wonders of the World

Friday took David and me to Sioux Falls--He to a benefit golf tournament and me catching up with my college friend Michelle.  
We hadn't seen each other in over 10 years, I believe.  We reconnected awhile ago through Facebook and my blog, but there is still no substitute for a real live conversation. We have much in common, both being NSU alumni, former teachers and now moms of four.  How could an afternoon be anything but great with fun--uninterrupted--conversation, a delicious lunch at Bracco's, shopping, and dessert at Oh, My Cupcakes!   

David still had several holes of golf to complete when our afternoon reunion was over, so I did a little shopping on my own.  I stopped at Barnes & Noble, not really looking for anything in particular but longing to be in presence of thousands of books.  I found the Treasury of Saints and 100 Great Wonders of the World in the bargain books, and also decided on a guide to Rome.  I guess my inner, future world traveler is coming out in me.  I have plans to travel to Rome in 20 years or so, and I figured it's good to be prepared.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment