Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Lemon Angel Food Bars

Time for a super easy 2--that's right--2 ingredient recipe.

Lemon Angel Food Bars
I have Pinterest to thank for this recipe, but there are many variations posted on the site.  
This is the one I use--
1 22.5 oz. (larger size) can lemon pie filling
1 angel food cake mix
Mix together and spread into a lightly greased/sprayed 9x13 pan.  
Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes until it looks like this:

Remove from the oven and cool. After it cools a bit, I take a spatula and lightly pat it down.  
These can be dusted with powdered sugar, or my personal favorite, covered in cream cheese frosting!  I've also added a little lemon zest to the top of the frosting to make them pretty.  The result is a light and airy lemon bar.  Delicious!
I have made these a few times and just realized this last time that the can of lemon pie filling I was using was larger than the size in the original recipe, which was 15 oz.  One of my local stores carries the larger size, while the other carries the smaller.  I had both sizes in my pantry, but decided to stay with the larger size.  
One variation I found on Pinterest actually called for 2 15 oz. cans of pie filling and one cake mix.  I might have to try that next time!

All of the variations are proof of one thing--these might turn out a little differently depending on what you use, but these bars cannot be messed up!

No comments:

Post a Comment