Wednesday, July 2, 2014

73

Today was the PERFECT day.  With NO WIND!  That NEVER happens in South Dakota.
I knew it would be a great day early this morning when KELO predicted a high of 73--my FAVORITE temperature.  I had thought about changing my favorite temperature to 80, but David says there's no changing a favorite temperature once you have one.  :)  So, 73 it remains.  Above 80 is great for all sorts of things, but 73 with no wind is perfect for playing in the yard and enjoying the day without dirt in my teeth. 

I had been waiting for David to clean all of the winter gunk out of the grill, but then in a moment of clarity and girl power, realized I could do that myself.  After I had the grill all clean and was planning on burgers for supper, I realized I was missing one major component.  FIRE.  We had used up the last of our matches.  I didn't learn how to make fire in Girl Scouts and I've seen enough episodes of Survivor to know that it's not easily done.  Thankfully, our neighbor Camille came to the rescue with a box of matches!  The little things can make such a big difference.  Our burgers were a most delicious end to a PERFECTLY good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment