Thursday, June 19, 2014

Farmer's Market & Rainbows

I admittedly have a strange, and sometimes quite simple, bucket list.  One of the items on the list was to go to a Farmer's Market.  Well, maybe that wish wasn't quite bucket list worthy, but I have always wanted to go to one.  
I know some cities have huge affairs with live music.  I also knew Aberdeen's was quite small with none of the extras, but I still wanted to check it out.  They hold it on Thursdays from 3-6 and, although it wasn't huge, there was plenty of produce, meat, baked goods, and other homemade items to choose from. 
The girls and I decided to spend our money on pasta created in Alcester, SD.  Yes, that is Dark Chocolate pasta.  I was told it goes great with ice cream.  Hey, why not?  I'll give it a try!  We tried the Garlic Basil tonight and it was delicious.  The same booth also sold beautiful (and I've heard delicious) baked goods.
We also grabbed a couple of cucumbers on the way out just because my girls LOVE cucumbers and ours aren't quite there yet!  
It really is worth a stop if you ever happen to be in Aberdeen at the right time.  I hope it works again this summer for us to try some more unique and local foods.


We had a little thunderstorm go over us after we got home.  Thankfully, it was nothing more than a little thunder, lightning, and a few drops of rain.  We were rewarded, however, with a vibrant double rainbow, and another one shortly after these faded, too.


Here are the girls doing their dance of joy for the rainbows.
Thank you, God, for rain and beautiful rainbows to brighten our summer days!



No comments:

Post a Comment