Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Arnold's Park

Yes, I am STILL talking about last Saturday!  Are you ready for a nap?  Tough.  No time for that!
 
After the birthday brunch, we headed down to Arnold's Park on Lake Okiboji.  It was Uncle Jason's company "picnic" day.  (No actual picnic--just fun!) :)  Since he works for a pretty awesome company, we were able to tag along and enjoy the day, too. 
 
I am not a huge theme park kind of girl, but I liked Arnold's Park.  They had the rides that were more my speed (on the ground, spinny kinds of things and the gondola ferris wheel), and I left the high flying rides to my big 3 kiddos.  It was the perfect size for our kids to roam and hit all of the rides they could multiple times.  Even Teresa rode the Flume Ride.  I am thankful that Grandma Melius is not afraid of heights and likes to take her grandchildren on rides.  I pleaded "chicken" on that.
 
 Rachel didn't ride rides, but she was a rock star for the afternoon.  She either pushed her stroller or hung out with her "Pa Pa Pa."  We found some slides that were fun, too.  When she got just a bit crabby, we bought her a "hot dog dog" and all was better. 
 
Jason and I were excited to hear that John Mayer was performing that night . . . but, then Angela informed us that it was actually SHAWN Mayer.  It was just as well since we had six kids with us! 
 
 
It was a great memory making kind of day!

No comments:

Post a Comment