Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Whatcha doin'?

I should be sleeping, but I am basking in the silence. 

My kids set a new "MOM!" record today, I am sure of it. 

It wasn't all tattling, actually most was not, but it seemed like there was always someone lurking around the corner waiting to talk to me or ask me something.

Even during my 2-hour stint in the baseball concession stand tonight--there was always one of my children at one of the three openings (or wandering inside) to talk to me.  Really--they had nothing better to do than lurk behind the concession stand waiting for me to come out to the grill to flip the hot dogs???? 

(The concession stand DID have the added magnet of food, I admit, which they (incorrectly) think they can eat with abandon and for free whenever mom is working.) 

Oh, I love the little monkeys, you know I do.  But, my ears are tired.  So, so tired.

Despite the tired ears, it was a good day.  David's aunts visited this morning, followed quickly by his Grandpa and uncle.  A man came today to fix the slight scratch in our new downstairs shower.  Sheet rock *shouldn't* be too far away.  (Patience, mama, patience!) 

So, that's what I'm doing. 

So tired. 
So thankful.
All is well.

Good night.





No comments:

Post a Comment