Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Career Exploration

The following is a true story . . . .
Five years ago, I had an almost 4 year old and almost 2 year old and was expecting our third child.  As I was watching my rough and tumble boys wrestle day after day, I had one fear.  If God never gave our family a girl, I was afraid I would have to spend family vacations at Monster Truck--yes, specifically monster truck--rallies for the rest of my life.  I prayed for a girl, if only to avoid that testosterone driven fate.  We all know how that turned out--we were blessed with not one, but eventually 2 girls to add to our boys!

Well, guess what David and I took the boys to on Saturday night??
MONSTER TRUCKS!
And here's the funny part--I was SO very excited to go! When we ask the boys what they want to be when they grow up, Landen says "farmer" and Nathan says, "Monster truck driver." I couldn't wait to take him on a little trip to explore his future career!
Nathan's favorite truck was Reptoid.  He was my favorite, too.  He blew smoke out of his "mouth."
Right before intermission, we got to see a firetruck burning up a car.  It even made the stands shake. 
David and I decided that we will allow Nathan to follow his career goals.  A monster truck is safer than a race car and, but gauging by the ticket prices, he will make some pretty good money, too. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment