Thursday, December 8, 2011

Tick . . . Tick

I have reached the ticking time bomb point of this pregnancy. 
It is the time when I don't want to make plans too far out in advance because there's a chance I may be otherwise occupied in the hospital. 
I already have one--possibly two--backup musicians lined up for our parish's Advent program on Sunday afternoon.  I have never had a baby this early (without induction), but still--one never knows.  After our dress rehearsal last night, I know the show can go on without me, but I still really hope to be there!
I have been nesting off and on for 9 months, but now I know it is getting down to the wire.  Keeping the house in order has been a constant project.  How do I really expect to keep a house in order for more than a few hours with a family living in it?  I know it is impossible.  Still, I try!  And, I do realize that no matter how much laundry I do today or next week, I will still probably end up not having something important washed and ready to wear for someone in the family!
I made a trip to Walmart yesterday.  At this point I could probably open a grocery store with the food in my deep freezer and pantry.  Squirreling away food for the winter isn't limited to this year (I hate pushing overflowing carts through snowy parking lots), but baby's imminent arrival has sure contributed to it!
This time bomb phase is also the point where everyone assumes I am having the baby as soon as I am not available to answer a phone call, if I show up a few minutes late to something, or if they see my name on their caller ID.  Lately I have started many a phone call/email with, "Sorry, no baby news yet."  I can almost feel the disappointment in their voices when they realize it is just me. 
I completely understand, though.  I do all of the same things when I'm waiting for my friends or family members to have babies, too!  There is an excitement in realizing that so much can change in a person's life at really any moment!
Now it is 8am.  Teresa has already been dusting for me this morning.  She must be nesting, too. 
I will try to blog tomorrow, but if I don't, don't get too excited.
I am probably just taking a nap . . . or vacuuming . . . or organizing my overflowing pantry shelves.

1 comment:

  1. So excited to hear when this little one is born!! It is amazing how life before children is absolutely wonderful- yet the second they're born into our family, it doesn't seem that life could be any other way. They just fit, perfectly! Oh our God is so good to have them become a part of us so instantly. I'm jealous of you in a non-covetous way- this is my favorite part of pregnancy- the anticipation. I just love it!!

    ReplyDelete