Sunday, December 18, 2011

Rachel Olivia has arrived!

Were you wondering what happened to me?  You probably guessed--baby decided to make her arrival on Wednesday morning! 
We actually went into the hospital to check if I was in labor on Tuesday.  I know that sounds crazy since it was my fourth time, but I just felt weird.  So, the nurses hooked me up to the monitor, but nothing was happening, so we were sent away. 
Since we were scheduled to be induced early Wednesday morning anyway and the road conditions weren't the greatest, we decided to spend the night in Aberdeen.
Thank goodness for Holiday Inn Express' Rapid Check Out because I went into labor at about 4am on Wednesday.  We went to the hospital shortly before our appointed time of 6:00am and Rachel Olivia arrived at 8:06am.  Now that's one efficient baby girl!
She was 8 lbs 7oz and 21 inches long.  She holds the Melius baby weight record by a pound.  I guess when you are the baby of four siblings, you have to arrive ready to hold your own.
We came home on Friday.  It was difficult to leave the cocoon of our quiet hospital room, but it was time to start our new adventure in a family of six! 



No comments:

Post a Comment